SDS Compliance Solutions
Safety data sheets (SDS) are an integral part of a company’s hazard communication plan. SDS’s provide detailed information for employees to reference regarding any questions or concerns that arise when working with hazardous materials. C&IH provides comprehensive SDS compliance solutions that encompass more than SDS creation and updating. Our staff includes PhD scientists and board-certified toxicologists (DABT) for conducting a thorough hazard determination that ensures employees are properly protected and regulatory compliance is fulfilled.
C&IH provides SDS development and management, including product labels, in accordance with national (OSHA) and international (EU/REACh, Canada/WHMIS) regulations. Our team of chemists provides document maintenance and modification in accordance with country/region-specific regulations and client corporate standards.
SDS Compliance Solutions Provided By C&IH
- SDS information management systems: Systems analysis, design, development, implementation, and maintenance
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS): Compliance assistance for international standardization of classification and labeling of chemicals; Classification based on health and environmental hazards impacting compliance with multiple national programs (OSHA, EPA, DOT, CPSC) and international programs (WHMIS, REACH)
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical substances (REACh): Compliance and registration assistance regarding the European Union directive for REACh (1907/2006/EC); REACh compliance includes preparation of chemical safety reports and developing REACh compliant SDS and product labels
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE): Compliance assistance for European restrictions on the use of hazardous materials, including heavy metals, in the electronics industry (RoHS) and the recovery and recycling of electric and electronic equipment (WEEE)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS): Compliance assistance for Canadian regulations governing hazard identification, product classification, product labeling, SDS’s, and training programs
- Confidential Business Information (CBI): Development, maintenance, and modification of proprietary and non-proprietary SDSs