- Synergist Publishes Article on COVID-19 and the Role of Industrial Hygiene with Contributions by C&IH
- AIHA Webinar on Asbestos and Nanoparticles Risk Assessment to Be Led by C&IH
- C&IH Exposure Modeling Engineer Cassidy Strode Earns Designation as Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Asbestos Risk Assessment Course to Be Led by C&IH at FAAM/BOHS Conference in Nottingham, England
- Workshops on Exposure Modeling and Carcinogenic Risk Assessment to Be Presented by C&IH at Academic National Symposia in Bogotá
- AIHA Rocky Mountain Section 2019 Conference to Include C&IH Session on Asbestos and Nanoparticle Risk Assessment
- Inhalation Toxicology Journal Publishes C&IH Research Article on Modeled Mesothelioma Potency Factors
- Upcoming Sessions and Classes by C&IH at the 2019 AIHce – Join Us in Minneapolis!
Exposure evaluation and risk assessment for industry-specific occupational and environmental health hazards.Learn More
Design, testing, and modification of local exhaust and dilution ventilation systems for control of gas, vapor, and particulate exposures.Learn More
Exposure modeling to characterize retrospective, contemporaneous, and prospective exposures.Learn More
In-depth study of real-time contaminant dispersion associated with specific work practices and product exposures.Learn More
Exposure Monitoring for Biological Agents, Building Assessment for Re-occupancy, PPE Guidance, H&S Programs, Engineering and Ventilation ControlsLearn More
Industrial Hygiene Services
Exposure Monitoring, H&S Programs, OHS Management Systems, Laboratory Chemical Hygiene, Indoor Air Quality, OSHA/MSHA Compliance, Expert ConsultingLearn More
Air Dispersion and Contaminant Exposure Modeling, Exposure Simulation Testing Chamber, Statistical Analysis, Toxicology, Risk AssessmentLearn More
LEV Design and Testing, Fume Hood Certification, Clean Room Certification, Biosafety Cabinet Certification, Containment Systems, Performance AssessmentLearn More
State-of-the-art Practice in Exposure Evaluation and Risk Assessment
Chemistry & Industrial Hygiene, Inc. (C&IH) specializes in exposure evaluation and risk assessment of occupational and environmental health and safety hazards. C&IH conducts risk assessment activities utilizing the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) risk assessment paradigm as adopted by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) for assessing and managing risks.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene Services
C&IH’s industrial hygiene services are led by our senior technical staff that includes seven certified industrial hygienists (CIH) and professionals with advanced degrees and educational backgrounds in chemistry, biochemistry, toxicology, epidemiology, microbiology, statistical analysis, information systems management, and ventilation engineering (PE). Our staff also includes three Diplomates of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT), a Registered Cleanroom Certification Professional in Sterile Compounding (RCCP-SC), and a Professional Simulation Engineer (PSE) certified by NAFEMS for demonstrated competency in computational fluid dynamics (CFD). The experience and qualifications of our staff enable C&IH to provide comprehensive industrial hygiene services across a diverse set of industries. We have conducted exposure assessments and risk characterizations for industry-specific health and safety hazards in manufacturing, technology, and industrial production including, but not limited to:
- Oil and gas exploration and production;
- Surface and underground mining;
- Alternative energy research and development;
- Health care infection control;
- Electronics and semiconductor production; and,
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical production.
Return on Investment
Every project completed by C&IH is driven by specific requirements that are unique for each client. We collaborate with clients to develop a customized scope of work that is designed to address the immediate objectives of facility-level management while also advancing corporate-level goals for long-term sustainability and growth.