- Eric Rasmuson and Andrey Korchevskiy Earn DABT Certification
- C&IH Education Session, “Is Erionite The New Asbestos?” Highlighted by The Synergist in Recap of AIHce 2017
- AIHA Distinguished Lecturer Designation Conferred to Dr. Andrey Korchevskiy
- Legionella Risk Management Presentation Given by Rob Strode at PathCon Laboratories EU Conference in Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Upcoming Courses by C&IH at the 2017 AIHce – See You in Seattle!
- Risk Assessment Bootcamp Presented by C&IH at BOHS 2017 Conference in Harrogate, England
Eric Rasmuson Receives Graduate Certificate in Risk Sciences and Public Policy from Johns Hopkins University
- Legionellosis Risk Management for Building Water Systems to Be Presented by C&IH at ASHRAE Rocky Mountain Chapter 2017 Technical Conference
- Industrial Hygiene Ventilation Practices to Be Presented by C&IH at FRaBSA Summer Meeting
- Risk Assessment Bootcamp Focusing on Asbestos, Silica, Metals, and Organic Compounds to be Led by C&IH at AIHA Fall Conference
Exposure evaluation and risk assessment for industry-specific occupational and environmental health hazards.Learn More
Design, testing, and modification of local exhaust and dilution ventilation systems for control of gas, vapor, and particulate exposures.Learn More
Exposure modeling to characterize retrospective, contemporaneous, and prospective exposures.Learn More
In-depth study of real-time contaminant dispersion associated with specific work practices and product exposures.Learn More
Three-dimensional Exposure Modeling, Exposure Simulation, Statistical Analysis, Toxicology, Risk AssessmentLearn More
OHS Management Systems
System Design and Implementation, Compliance with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, and ANSI Z10 StandardsLearn More
LEV Design and Testing, Fume Hood Certification, Clean Room Certification, Biosafety Cabinet Certification, Containment Systems, Performance AssessmentLearn More
Industrial Hygiene Services
Certified Industrial Hygienists. OSHA and MSHA Compliance, Health and Safety Program Development, IAQ Testing, Hazard Communication, Legal ConsultingLearn More
State-of-the-art Practice in Exposure Evaluation and Risk Assessment
Chemistry & Industrial Hygiene, Inc. (C&IH) specializes in exposure evaluation and risk assessment of occupational and environmental health and safety hazards. C&IH conducts risk assessment activities utilizing the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) risk assessment paradigm as adopted by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) for assessing and managing risks.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene Services
C&IH’s industrial hygiene services are led by our senior technical staff that includes seven certified industrial hygienists (CIH) and professionals with advanced degrees and educational backgrounds in chemistry, biochemistry, toxicology, epidemiology, microbiology, statistical analysis, information systems management, and ventilation engineering (PE). Our staff also includes three Diplomates of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT), a Registered Cleanroom Certification Professional in Sterile Compounding (RCCP-SC), and a Professional Simulation Engineer (PSE) certified by NAFEMS for demonstrated competency in computational fluid dynamics (CFD). The experience and qualifications of our staff enable C&IH to provide comprehensive industrial hygiene services across a diverse set of industries. We have conducted exposure assessments and risk characterizations for industry-specific health and safety hazards in manufacturing, technology, and industrial production including, but not limited to:
- Oil and gas exploration and production;
- Surface and underground mining;
- Alternative energy research and development;
- Health care infection control;
- Electronics and semiconductor production; and,
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical production.
Return on Investment
Every project completed by C&IH is driven by specific requirements that are unique for each client. We collaborate with clients to develop a customized scope of work that is designed to address the immediate objectives of facility-level management while also advancing corporate-level goals for long-term sustainability and growth.