- Upcoming Sessions and Classes by C&IH at the 2019 AIHce – Join Us in Minneapolis!
- ASHRAE Rocky Mountain 2019 Technical Conference to Include Session by C&IH on Engineering Design Elements of Sterile Compounding Pharmacies
- Risk Assessment Course Focusing on Semiconductor Industry to Be Presented by C&IH at SESHA/SIA 2019
- Eric Rasmuson Receives Master of Health Science Degree from Johns Hopkins University
- Risk Assessment Course on Organic Agents, Metals, and Nanoparticles to Be Led by C&IH at BOHS 2019
- Symposium on Cancer Risk Assessment Arranged by C&IH for SRA 2018
- Courses by C&IH at the 2018 AIHce – See You in Philadelphia!
- BOHS 2018 to Include PDC Led by C&IH on Asbestos Risk Assessment for Occupational and Environmental Health Applications
- SESHA/SIA 2018 Presentation by C&IH to Focus on CFD Modeling as a Tool for Gas Detection Placement
Exposure evaluation and risk assessment for industry-specific occupational and environmental health hazards.Learn More
Design, testing, and modification of local exhaust and dilution ventilation systems for control of gas, vapor, and particulate exposures.Learn More
Exposure modeling to characterize retrospective, contemporaneous, and prospective exposures.Learn More
In-depth study of real-time contaminant dispersion associated with specific work practices and product exposures.Learn More
Three-dimensional Exposure Modeling, Exposure Simulation, Statistical Analysis, Toxicology, Risk AssessmentLearn More
OHS Management Systems
System Design and Implementation, Compliance with OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, and ANSI Z10 StandardsLearn More
LEV Design and Testing, Fume Hood Certification, Clean Room Certification, Biosafety Cabinet Certification, Containment Systems, Performance AssessmentLearn More
Industrial Hygiene Services
Certified Industrial Hygienists. OSHA and MSHA Compliance, Health and Safety Program Development, IAQ Testing, Hazard Communication, Legal ConsultingLearn More
State-of-the-art Practice in Exposure Evaluation and Risk Assessment
Chemistry & Industrial Hygiene, Inc. (C&IH) specializes in exposure evaluation and risk assessment of occupational and environmental health and safety hazards. C&IH conducts risk assessment activities utilizing the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) risk assessment paradigm as adopted by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) for assessing and managing risks.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene Services
C&IH’s industrial hygiene services are led by our senior technical staff that includes seven certified industrial hygienists (CIH) and professionals with advanced degrees and educational backgrounds in chemistry, biochemistry, toxicology, epidemiology, microbiology, statistical analysis, information systems management, and ventilation engineering (PE). Our staff also includes three Diplomates of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT), a Registered Cleanroom Certification Professional in Sterile Compounding (RCCP-SC), and a Professional Simulation Engineer (PSE) certified by NAFEMS for demonstrated competency in computational fluid dynamics (CFD). The experience and qualifications of our staff enable C&IH to provide comprehensive industrial hygiene services across a diverse set of industries. We have conducted exposure assessments and risk characterizations for industry-specific health and safety hazards in manufacturing, technology, and industrial production including, but not limited to:
- Oil and gas exploration and production;
- Surface and underground mining;
- Alternative energy research and development;
- Health care infection control;
- Electronics and semiconductor production; and,
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical production.
Return on Investment
Every project completed by C&IH is driven by specific requirements that are unique for each client. We collaborate with clients to develop a customized scope of work that is designed to address the immediate objectives of facility-level management while also advancing corporate-level goals for long-term sustainability and growth.