- Seminar on the Application of CFD in Evaluating Optimal Ambient Gas Detector Placement and Other EHS Solutions Given by C&IH at SESHA 2023
- Quantitative Risk Assessment Webinar to be Presented by C&IH
- The Environmental Research Journal Publishes Paper with C&IH Contributions on Elongate Mineral Particles
- The Synergist Publishes C&IH article: “The Safety Threshold: Understanding Risk Tolerances”
- Presentations on Risk Assessment Given by C&IH at BOHS FAAM Asbestos 2022 Conference
- PDC on Risk Assessment for Elongate Mineral Particles to Be Led by C&IH at AIHce 2022
- Education Sessions Focusing on Occupational Health and Safety in Gold Mining, Mesothelioma in Taconite Ore Miners, Nanoparticle Emission From 3D Printing, Nonlinear Trends in Air Contamination, and the Role of the Industrial Hygienist in a Pandemic to Be Led by C&IH at AIHce 2022.
Exposure evaluation and risk assessment for industry-specific occupational and environmental health hazards.Learn More
Design, testing, and modification of local exhaust and dilution ventilation systems for control of gas, vapor, and particulate exposures.Learn More
Exposure modeling to characterize retrospective, contemporaneous, and prospective exposures.Learn More
Industrial Hygiene Services
Industrial and occupational exposure monitoring, risk assessment and health and safety programs for chemical, physical, and biological hazards.Learn More
Occupational and environmental health and safety management systems. Identify immediate and long-term health and safety hazards and associated risks.Learn More
Air dispersion and contaminant exposure modeling. Model exposures for statistical analysis, toxicology and workplace risk assessment.Learn More
Assessment and containment systems for controlling chemical, physical, and biological agents and physical/mechanical hazards in the workplace.Learn More
State-of-the-art Practice in Exposure Evaluation and Risk Assessment
Chemistry & Industrial Hygiene, Inc. (C&IH) specializes in exposure evaluation and risk assessment of occupational and environmental health and safety hazards. C&IH conducts risk assessment activities utilizing the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) risk assessment paradigm as adopted by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA) for assessing and managing risks.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene Services
C&IH’s industrial hygiene services are led by our senior technical staff that includes seven certified industrial hygienists (CIH) and professionals with advanced degrees and educational backgrounds in chemistry, biochemistry, toxicology, epidemiology, microbiology, statistical analysis, information systems management, and ventilation engineering (PE). Our staff also includes three Diplomates of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT), a Registered Cleanroom Certification Professional in Sterile Compounding (RCCP-SC), and a Professional Simulation Engineer (PSE) certified by NAFEMS for demonstrated competency in computational fluid dynamics (CFD). The experience and qualifications of our staff enable C&IH to provide comprehensive industrial hygiene services across a diverse set of industries. We have conducted exposure assessments and risk characterizations for industry-specific health and safety hazards in manufacturing, technology, and industrial production including, but not limited to:
- Oil and gas exploration and production;
- Surface and underground mining;
- Alternative energy research and development;
- Health care infection control;
- Electronics and semiconductor production; and,
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical production.
Return on Investment
Every project completed by C&IH is driven by specific requirements that are unique for each client. We collaborate with clients to develop a customized scope of work that is designed to address the immediate objectives of facility-level management while also advancing corporate-level goals for long-term sustainability and growth.