Industrial Hygiene Services
C&IH delivers comprehensive industrial hygiene services across a diverse set of commercial, industrial, and manufacturing industries including mining, aerospace, semiconductor, renewable energy, and healthcare, as well as in various laboratory and clean room environments.
Overview of Services
- Exposure monitoring for chemical, physical, and biological hazards
- Risk assessment for complex and uncommon exposures in the workplace and community
- Indoor air quality assessment for VOCs, particulates, microbial contaminants, formaldehyde, legionella, radon, and other contaminants, pollutants, and irritants
- Regulatory compliance assistance and dispute resolution involving OSHA, MSHA, EPA, and state and local agencies
- Health and safety program development, implementation, oversight, and audit (hazard communication, respiratory protection, blood borne pathogens, hearing conservation, confined space entry, lockout/tagout, etc.)
- Management systems consulting for occupational health, safety, and environment including gap analysis, design and implementation, and audit for compliance with corporate standards, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ANSI Z10, NMA COREsafety, BSEE SEMS, etc.
- Local exhaust and dilution ventilation system testing and certification (fume hood testing, sterile compound facilities certification for USP 797 and 800), troubleshooting, and design (new or modification)
- Exposure modeling of airborne contaminant dispersion to test, validate, replicate, or predict a contaminant’s transport and pathway
- Exposure simulation of historical, current, and potential exposure scenarios in a large-scale simulation chamber with modifiable dimensions and adjustable air flow rates
- Toxicological evaluations including dose-response assessment of exposures from inhalation, ingestion, absorption, and injection; life-cycle product toxicity analysis; and SDS Development
- Laboratory chemical hygiene program development, implementation, and training
- Analytical chemistry consulting including quality assurance and validation of chemical and biological data
Our multi-disciplinary staff includes seven certified industrial hygienists (CIH) and individuals with advanced degrees and educational backgrounds in chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, toxicology (DABT), epidemiology, statistical analysis, information systems management, and ventilation engineering (PE). Additional staff certifications include: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Registered Cleanroom Certification Professional in Sterile Compounding (RCCP-SC), and Professional Simulation Engineer (PSE) for computational fluid dynamics.
- Mineral fibers and dusts: respirable and inhalable silica, asbestos, non-regulated amphiboles, erionite and similar fibrous materials, coal, nuisance dusts, etc.
- Ultra fine particles (UFP), nanoparticles
- Organic dusts: wood, grain, allergen, etc.
- Solvents: chlorinated, mineral spirits/Stoddard, BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethyl benzene, and xylene), etc.
- Gases and vapors: volatile organic compounds (VOC), chlorine, ammonia, formaldehyde, flammables, carbon monoxide, etc.
- Welding fumes: hexavalent chromium, lead, manganese, nickel, silver, etc.
- Diesel exhaust, coal tar, PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons)
- Metals: light, base, heavy, and precious
- Petrochemicals: oils, gasoline, diesel, BTEX
- Paints and coatings: solvents, lead, powder coats, adhesives, urethanes, epoxies
- PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), PCDDs (polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins), PCDFs (polychlorinated dibenzofurans), etc.
- Caustics and acids: chromic acid, hydrogen fluoride, etc.
- Composites: fiberglass, styrene, resins, fiber-reinforced prepregs
- Biological agents: fungi, bacteria, and metabolites
- Formaldehyde glues and pressed wood materials
- Metalworking/cutting fluids (Mycobacterium avium)
- Non-ionizing radiation
- Heat/cold stress: equipment, environmental, and physical activity
- Vibration from equipment
Return on Investment
Every project completed by C&IH is driven by specific requirements that are unique for each client. Collaborating with our clients to develop a customized scope of work that provides an optimal solution at a reasonable cost is the basis of our approach to industrial hygiene. This commitment to understanding our clients’ business and listening to our clients’ needs enables us to provide solutions that are designed to promote long-term sustainability within client-driven timeframes and budgets.
Our staff provides industrial hygiene services to clients worldwide. Our office headquarters and exposure simulation testing facility are located centrally in the United States near Denver, Colorado.