Corporate Occupational Health and Safety Policy (OHSMS)
OH&S Management System PR-1001 – Version 3, April 2014
As a leading industrial hygiene firm, Chemistry & Industrial Hygiene, Inc. (C&IH) has a mission to provide the highest standards for risk-based consulting with a focus on hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control, indoor air quality, chemistry, toxicology, management solutions, and forensic research. C&IH is equally committed to the prevention of injury and ill health by maintaining the highest standard of occupational health and safety (OH&S) for its employees and has issued the following OH&S policy with a commitment to these principles in every aspect of our work.
- C&IH will comply with all applicable occupational health and safety legislation, including U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) regulations and other applicable regulatory requirements, will monitor current status and changes in all said requirements, and will apply these requirements for all employees in our workplaces.
- C&IH will follow the Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) requirements specified in the Occupational health and safety management system – Requirements (OHSAS) 18001:2007 international standard for the implementation and maintenance of the corporate OHSMS.
- C&IH will maintain OH&S measures based on regulatory requirements, risk assessment procedures, and risk identification, and will provide necessary resources to reduce the risks and improve the working conditions and health of all employees.
- C&IH will define the responsibilities of every employee with regard to the OHSMS procedures and will provide necessary training in accordance with their responsibilities.
- C&IH will maintain a system of annual internal audits for the validation and verification of the effectiveness of the corporate OH&S management system including an annual management review of OH&S conditions within C&IH, and will implement corrective actions based on the results of these audits.
- C&IH will ensure employee participation in all stages of implementation and execution of the corporate OHSMS.
- C&IH will support healthy lifestyles for employees, providing opportunities for physical activities and information on nutrition. C&IH will also create a system of incentives for employees to maintain healthy lifestyles.
- C&IH will enhance and continually improve working conditions and the health and safety of all employees and contractor employees.
This policy will be communicated to all C&IH employees to provide awareness of the company’s commitment and obligations and will be available for all interested parties.
Chemistry & Industrial Hygiene, Inc.
This is an uncontrolled document printed for reference only (4/3/2014). The controlled document is on the C&IH server.